Welcome to the first of a new blog series – crystal magick. In this post the crystal Citrine will be explored, looking at properties and ways to work with Citrine in magick. Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. To learn more about what this means, please click here.
Citrine is a type of Quartz. It has a lemon colouring which probably relates to the name which is close to the word citrus. It corresponds to Litha, Lughnasadh, and Mabon. Citrine is often thought to be a symbol of the sun although it is not a fire crystal, it actually corresponds with the element of air. In terms of chakras, it corresponds to the Solar Plexus and the corresponding planet is Mercury.
There is another type of ‘Citrine’ which is actually heat-treated Amethyst. Some people believe that it does not matter which type you have, they both do the same thing. Others believe that the heat treatment makes the Citrine more powerful and some feel that natural Citrine is the only way to go.
You will have to make your own decisions, just be careful when buying as sometimes you are told it is natural but in fact, it is heat-treated. The heat-treated Citrine is normally much more of a dark burnt orange colour as opposed to the lemon colour of natural Citrine.
Properties of Citrine
- Nicknamed the merchant stone, it is a symbol of abundance.
- Believed to attract wealth
- Is said to never need cleansing as it is never affected by negative energies.
- Fosters the healing powers of the sun
- Brings warmth and uplifts your spirits, much like the sun.
- Strengthens willpower
- It helps bring your creativity levels up
- Citrine also encourages an increase in confidence and self-worth.
- Use Citrine crystal chips or tumble stones in spell jars and bags for spells that correspond with Citrine’s properties.
- Wear Citrine jewellery to boost confidence and lift your mood.
- Place a Citrine point near your work desk to increase creativity.
- Place some Citrine near your pillow to help protect you from nightmares.
- Carry a small piece of Citrine in your purse or wallet to attract money.
- Make a crystal elixir to spritz over you when you need a lift in your mood.
- Meditate with Citrine to increase your willpower and boost your energy levels.
Citrine is said to be water safe. It should not be left in direct sunlight as it will lose its colour.
If you would like to grab a copy of a correspondence sheet I made, then pop over to my freebie library.
Have you worked with Citrine before? Are you a fan? Citrine is my most favourite crystal. I just love it so much. I would love to hear your thoughts.