We all live such busy lives, sometimes we can get to the end of the week and you sit and wonder what happened as you didn’t manage to do any of the things that you wanted like meditating, reading, and spell work. If you can relate, this post looks at how you can make time for magick.
Break it down to see what you want to do
Magick is a huge area that leads off in so many directions. It can feel overwhelming, especially when you are first starting out. You need to narrow down what it is that you actually want to do. Make a list of things that you are interested in doing or finding out more about to give you a starting point.
Here is an example list of things that you may like to add to your own list to start you off.
- Crystal work
- Candle magick
- Knot magick
- Storm magick
- The wheel of the year and the eight sabbaths
- The moon phases
- Types of witchcraft
- Shadow work
- Building a book of shadows or grimoire.
- Spell jars/bags
- festivals/meeting others
- The fae
- Oils/wax melts/aromatherapy
This was just off the top of my head, so it is easy to see how it all gets a bit too much!
Now you can not do everything at once, so the best thing to do is to prioritise a few things that you would like to concentrate on first. Ask yourself what you are most drawn to? If you are really interested in the wheel of the year then that may be your top priority. However, if you are more interested in the phases of the moon, then label that number one.
Once you have spent some time learning about certain aspects of magick, you can always change your priority list, and eventually, in time, you will manage to work your way through your list. It is likely that as you learn more about certain areas of magick, there will be more things that come up and take your interest so you can add those new ideas to your list as well.
Plan time for magick
Now that you have a better idea of what you would like to do, you need to plan time for magick. Some people are not keen on the idea of planning, but if you do not plan for things then you kind of float about each day with no real direction or purpose. Making a plan takes a small amount of time but makes a big difference to how much you get done each day.
So, to make your plans you will need some kind of system. You could use a diary or organiser to plan out your time. Maybe a notebook especially dedicated to planning your days. There are lots of list pads available or just a piece of paper will work as long as you do not lose it!
If you are more digital then you could use the notes section on your phone or there are lots of planner apps available. On the computer, you could make a planner using a program like word or excel or you can buy digital planners to use online.
Once you have your setup sorted, you are ready to get planning!
Making a plan
So, you start by writing in the things that you have to do. Things like work, food shopping, etc. Then add any events or days out you know are coming up. Now you can add in what you would like to do each week which is magickal. This way you can see what spare pockets of time you have. Don’t forget about other things that you may like to do or need to do like chores, exercise, and hobbies.
Tips for planning your time for magick
- The more you do it, the quicker the planning part will become. It will be like second nature after a few weeks.
- Remember, you do not have to do any magick-related activities at all if you do not want to. There are no rules, it is your path.
- The plans are not set in stone. If you plan to do a spell on a Sunday morning but on that morning you do not feel like spell work, do something else from your list of magick priorities. You could go outside and meditate or do some reading and research into one of your magickal areas of interest. The point is that you made time for your magick and you are doing something that you want to do.
- Don’t feel bad if you do not accomplish everything that you planned. Sometimes things take longer than anticipated or unexpected things occur beyond your control. Focus on what you did get done, rather than what you didn’t.
- If you are finding it hard to fit in what you want as you do not seem to have enough time, try to make extra time by getting up 30 minutes earlier than you normally would or by finding ways to speed up other things that you have to do.
I hope that you have found this post about making time for magick useful. If you have enjoyed it then why not share it with friends or leave a comment.