This post is part of a blog series, crystal magick. In this post, Tigers Eye will be discussed, looking at properties and ways to work with it in magick. Please note that there may be affiliate links in this post. For more information about what this means, please click here.
Tigers Eye explained
Tigers Eye is a member of the Quartz family of crystals. It is typically brown, yellow, and black striped with a golden shimmer. However, there are other colours such as blue which is also known as Hawks Eye and red that is also known as Dragons Eye. When light reflects off the fibres in the stone, the stripes of brown and gold will look as if they are moving.
Tigers Eye has a long history of being used as a stone of protection. Both the ancient Egyptians and the Romans used Tigers Eye to protect themselves and bring forward courage.
Tigers Eye Properties
- A stone of protection
- Cultivates strength and confidence
- Aids divination
- A balancing stone
- Good for grounding
- Said to help with depression
- Said to help improve eyesight, particularly night vision.
- Use in spell bags and bottles for spells involving luck, success, careers, grounding, and balance.
- Meditate with the stone at the root, sacral, or solar plexus chakra to draw in grounding energy.
- Meditate with the stone to help with problem solving.
- Wear as an amulet for protection
Have you worked with Tigers Eye in magick before? I would love to know your thoughts. For a free PDF correspondence sheet, check out my freebie library.